|Located in the Hamptons on Long Island Shinnecock Bay offers stunning vistas.|
Brief Description of Duties:
- Conditioning adult bivalves for spawning.
- Rearing Larval bivalves
- Raising juvenile bivalves (spat) on shell, cultch, and individually in laboratory, as well as in rafts, flupsy, and cages.
- Growing large volumes of algae.
- Monitoring bivalve populations in an ecosystem setting.
- Deploying and maintaining bivalve spawner sanctuaries in coordination with public and school groups.
- Deploying and maintaining oyster reefs.
- Applying for and maintaining bivalve NYSDEC and town shellfish permits
- Writing reports
- Giving formal presentations
- Communication with government agencies, non-government organizations, and the public.
- Other duties as assigned.