The festival is $10 for adults and children under 6 are free. The price of admission covers all entertainment; enjoy the oyster shucking contest, chef cooking demonstrations, education and nutrition, kids activities, and music. There are a few food vendors that will be offering free seafood samples; the rest of the food vendors will be offering a limited menu of small plates. The average cost of a plate is under $10. Big Rock Oyster Co. of Dennis will be selling oysters on the half shell.
The Boston Fisheries Foundation is a nonprofit organization created to:
- Support and expand sustainable fisheries, which in turn sustain the New England economy;
- Educate the media and the public about the role played by fishermen in preserving our wild ocean stocks through responsible harvesting and management;
- Educate the media and the public about the benefits of sustainably harvested seafood as high-quality nutrition whose production protects the environment from deforestation, global warming, and other negative impacts;
- Facilitate public awareness of our history and the importance of wild harvests to the proud traditions of an independent New England; and,
- Develop a Maritime Fisheries Museum to honor our heritage.
For more information, comments or questions, please contact them at email@example.com
|Mass Oyster hat sales support restoring oysters.|
We also will have a booth with tattoos for the kids, educational materials, our famous photo cut-out and mass oyster apparel for sale. Stop in and say "Hello"